Imagine the opportunity to bring your talent to a high-performing organization making a meaningful difference in the lives of men, women and children all across Chicago. We are one of the nation’s premier, nonprofit organizations dedicated to feeding hungry people while striving to end hunger in our community. We are dynamic, mission-focused, innovative, values-driven, diverse, focused, impactful and energetic. We believe in inspiring change and know change only happens when everyone has a voice and a place at the table. It starts by unleashing the joy and potential in each other and the people we serve.
The Development Services Senior Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership in data maintenance, reporting, research and portfolio management to support the Development team.
• Take a leadership role in database management to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentiality of databases, data sets, reports and presentations.
• Take primary responsibility for running regular data maintenance routines, including queries, imports, exports, duplicate merges, global adds and changes.
• Take primary responsibility for production, exchange and incorporation of external data sets shared with Feeding America, Direct Mail and Digital Partners, and Research Vendors.
• Take a leadership role in maintaining the prospect pipeline and funding initiatives by providing customized reports, guiding users in interpretation of reports, and suggesting upgrade and engagement opportunities identified through research.
• Support the operations of the Development and Volunteer Services team through reporting, prospect research, training and database knowledge.
• Work with Development Services Team to ensure timely, accurate data entry and generation of donor acknowledgement letters.
• Work on cross-departmental projects in support of the larger organization as needed.
• Assist with successful cultivation, recognition and donor relations events designed to increase support and awareness of the Food Depository.
• Respond to Donor inquiries via email and telephone.
• Ensure that our donors remain apprised of the positive impact that their gifts have had for the organization and the community we serve.
• Work with external providers of data, data processing and output services.
• Advanced proficiency with Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge required.
• Ability to plan, manage and execute projects.
• Attention to detail is critical.
• Must work well in a team atmosphere.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent combination of relevant work experience or training.