Plan and schedule assignments for shipping department.
- Review and prepare orders needed to be picked for the day.
- Assign staff to areas to ensure all orders are picked for next day delivery.
- Completion of picked orders in an efficient manner.
Supervises assigned staff toward accomplishment of the mission of GCFD and the Shipping Department.
- Conduct morning operations meeting with shipping staff to cover assignments and all other company related information.
- Ensure the standard case per hour rate is maintained by all staff.
- Ensure Food/Personal safety procedures are being followed in all areas of shipping department.
- Conduct orientation training for new operations workers
Works and trains staff on Ceres 4 data base
- Create inventory picks in Ceres for next days’ work and separate based on area’s needs.
- Post inventory picks in Ceres at end of every shift.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by conducting cycle counts daily and working closely with inventory control.
Supervise daily shipping activities.
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner that arises during shift.
- Keep shipping staff reports up to date.
- Work closely with receiving team to ensure product received is stored in proper location.
- Train and coach staff to achieve standards of shipping team.
- Other duties as assigned such as assisting all operations departments when needed.