Plan and schedule assignments for receiving department.
- Review and prepare orders needed to be received and stored daily.
- Assign staff to areas to ensure all orders are received and put away into proper locations.
- Ensure all donations and purchased loads are entered into Ceres and all receiving tallies are filled out properly.
Supervises assigned staff toward accomplishment of the mission of GCFD and the receiving Department.
- Conduct morning operations meeting with receiving staff to cover assignments and all other company related information.
- Ensure all loads received are inspected and received at proper temperature and recorded properly.
- Ensure Food/Personal safety procedures are being followed in all areas of receiving department.
- Conduct orientation training for new operations workers
Works and trains staff on Ceres 4 data base
- Ensure purchased orders are properly received checking quantity, product type and ensuring all PO#s match
- Ensure all products entering building is inspected and has a proper identification label on pallet.
Supervise daily receiving activities
- Troubleshoot issues in a timely manner that arises during shift.
- Keep receiving staff reports up to date.
- Work closely with shipping team to ensure product received is stored in proper location and easily accessible to pick for next day orders.
- Train and coach staff to achieve standards of Receiving team.
- Other duties as assigned such as assist in all other operation departments